I’ve been seeing a lot of questions about Followers lately and wanted to clear up any misconceptions people have about them. Followers are a great help when you are playing solo, and you can get some pretty significant buffs if you work with the skills of your follower. Throughout this post I will go into the Pros and Cons of each follower, along with an item and skill choice breakdown. But first, I will go over some of the basics that you should understand before you get into the nitty-gritty for each follower.
The basic properties that exist for each follower are the following:
- For each stat that you give to your follower, they gain that stat multiplied by 2.5. So if you give your Enchantress an item with +1 Intellect, she will receive 2.5 Intellect (they will actually round up and give you +3 Intellect).
- You can only have one follower at a time, and only if you are the only person in the game.
- If you give your follower a weapon that adds cold damage, their attacks will slow the enemy.
- Similarly, if you give your follower a weapon that adds a proc chance (like chance to fear on hit) it can still proc.
- Your followers give you 20% of their Magic Find, Gold Find, and +XP per kill. So if your follower had 100% Magic Find, you would only see an increase of 20% on your character sheet. Based on the slots that are available, you can reach a maximum of 78% Magic Find on your follower, up to 85% Gold Find, and up to 138 +XP per kill (this is calculated using the Templar, since his shield can have MG/GF/+XP). Thus, the max Magic Find that you can get from your follower is 19.2% (19%), the max Gold Find is 20%, and the max +XP per kill is 27.6 (28). So about 20% for MF/GF and 28 XP per kill if you completely stack your follower.
The Templar is the first follower that you get access to. Except for the fact that he can heal, he is your standard tank – he stuns, can wield a shield and sword, and tries to take aggro from the monsters. Find out more about the Templar here.
The Enchantress is the second Follower that you get access to. She also has some of the best buffs and debuffs out of all the followers. Find out more about the Enchantress here.
The Scoundrel is a ranged DPS similar to the Demon Hunter. He can get some pretty High DPS, but has less utility than the other two followers. Find out more about the Scoundrel here.