1.03 Design Preview just got posted on the US battle.net blog. None of these changes effect the makeup of classes but do alot to effect game mechanics on the Inferno level. Stay tuned, Clouded and myself will be doing a brief audio chat through analyzing all of these changes! In fact, here it is:
- Group play got alot easier, Blizzard removed attack modifiers when new allies join the game. Enemies will simply gain more HP. Melee rejoice!
- Nephalem Valor is better for normal elites and worst against set-bosses. Set-bosses in general were easier (or at least a more known quantity).
- Smoothing out the difficulty between Act 1 and Act 2 as well as Act 2 and Act 3 in Inferno. As it stands, players will generally have to do a number of runs in the previous acts before progressing to the next act. This will help to smooth it out and create more options to play for players in between acts.
- Repair cost dramatically increased. In the blog post it says potentially as much as 4x to 6x. This will make players much more careful on what mobs they’re taking on.
- Attack Speed modifier reduced in effectiveness. As it was, Attack Speed was by far the best modifier to have on a number of items. This helps to even it out, and probably hits the Demon Hunter class the hardest.
- Lower level gem cost, significantly reduced